Wii U

wii u pre order games

8 replies to this topic

#1 miacid

SPOnGster

• Moderators
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 16:46

So who's getting a Wii U? Are you pre-ordering or getting in the shops?

Also, which games are you getting at launch and which are you hoping to pick up on release?

#2 Tyrion

MainMan

• Administrators
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:28

I'm not convinced by the Wii U, it looks like the basic hardware is catching up to the PS3 and Xbox 360 just as the PS4 and Xbox 720 are on the horizon.

This means it'll fall behind in terms of graphics and AI like the Wii has done, at least for 3rd party multi-platform titles.

The Gamepad is intriguing, but I worry that it's just going to become a map screen and little else.

If you think about it, whatever appears on the pad in normal play will not be instantly accessible when the main display is on there instead of on the TV, so it can't be essential in normal play.

I'm also worried for Nintendo in that I believe that the lapsed and new gamers who bought the Wii in such huge numbers aren't the sort of people that will want to upgrade.

I remain able to be convinced, but I'm dubious right now.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

#3 haritori

SPOnGster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:16

I preordered with Shop To back in September, but its purley for the Kids xmas present, im not very interested in it, of course ill have a go, but my biggest launch game is now delayed till next year so even less interetsed. (Rayman Legends).

#4 TimSPOnG

MainMan

• Administrators
  • 697 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 13:31

Well, we've been promised our review unit "soon". I'm intrigued.
Managing Editor of SPOnG.com

If you've got a complaint: tim@spong.com or on the forum

(Go here for good feelings)

#5 miacid

SPOnGster

• Moderators
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 17:24

View PostTyrion, on 30 October 2012 - 09:28, said:

If you think about it, whatever appears on the pad in normal play will not be instantly accessible when the main display is on there instead of on the TV, so it can't be essential in normal play.

This is something of a concern for me as well, do all games use this feature or is it only certain ones?

Will be interesting to hear some actual hands on comments once you guys get a review machine.

I'm off to the Gadget show at the start of December, so think I'll try and get a hands on there and see if it wows me. I'm scared that I'm not rushing out to buy it on Day 1 like I have with pretty much all their previous home consoles :unsure:

#6 Tyrion

MainMan

• Administrators
  • 247 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 14:38

View Postmiacid, on 30 October 2012 - 17:24, said:

This is something of a concern for me as well, do all games use this feature or is it only certain ones?

Ninty are pushing it hard, if you've seen the recent UK TV advert it's mentioned as a key feature.

I'm worried that it's a system feature that games can't override and therefore it'll force unimportant features of the games onto the Gamepad display so you can do without them when playing the main game on the pad.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

#7 miacid

SPOnGster

• Moderators
  • 178 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 14:48

What they need to do is allow you to plug a DS into the main controller when using it without the TV, so the DS screen is then used like the main controller screen normally is.

Problem solved :P

#8 Sly Reflex

ModMan

• Moderators
  • 343 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 14:11

I'm not interested. I feel alienated by what they are trying to do with the WiiU.

#9 little-miss-c4

SPOnGster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 14:21

i will be getting on day 1 its nintendo and i all ways get nintendo consoles when they new ever since the nes and that is nott going to change saying that iv done it for every other console as well lets just hope i dont feel let down like i do for my vita.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users