Top 5 Gaming Series

8 replies to this topic

#1 Tyrion

MainMan

• Administrators
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 13:59

OK, it's time for some top 5 action!

I'm going to post a "Top 5" thread each day this week to get discussions going. I'd like to see top 5s being proposed and discussed.

First up is: Top 5 Gaming Series.

What're your top 5 gaming series? These are the series of games, "franchises" if you will, that have given you the most fun over the years.

They may be impossible to fault, or "a bit shit now" but worth a try to see if they live up to the older games.

Try to avoid individual games, this thread is about series. The individual games thread will come later.

Here are mine;

5) Wipeout
The music, the tracks, the speed. I've played them all and been a fan since Wipeout 2097. Wipeout HD wasn't as great as the older ones, but the PSP games were excellent for that platform.

4) Hitman
Tough to position this one, I loved Blood Money and really liked Silent Assassin, but missed the original and Contracts completely. Will make it up with Absolution though, look for a review on SPOnG soon.

3) God of War
What can I say? Kratos is the angriest Spartan since Gerard Butler strapped on a skirt and kicked a man into a hole. The action and the combos were always spectacular, but with GoWIII the visuals became epic!

2) Assassin's Creed
I was one of the few people who actually liked the first game, but that grew to some sort of man-love for the second and third. Revelations had more "make work" than I'd have liked, but I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into ACIII and Liberation too if I can find the time.

1) Tomb Raider
Signing, Lara! Lara! Lara! The first game I bought with my PlayStation in 1997, a few years late, but what a great game. I've played, if not completed, them all and enjoyed most of them, although Angel of Darkness was pretty poor. Again, I'm looking forward to the next one which looks like Lost meets Lara, but in a good way!

OK, that's my top 5, what about yours? Or would you like to poke fun at my miserable choices?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

#2 PhilWal

SPOnGster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 21:02

Hmms. Probably have to put Zelda top, since it's been pretty consistently great since the beginning. Maybe Mario 2nd, probably because I've not got a Wii so haven't touched the Galaxy games.. Mass Effect 3rd, I remember having lots of fun with those conversations. GTA 4th, for the emergent gameplay and brilliant sandboxes. 5th, probably SSX. I like the silliness of the stunts, and it's good to see a sporty game not take itself so seriously.

#3 Sly Reflex

ModMan

• Moderators
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 19:01

Man, this is quite hard. I keep coming and looking and thinking about it but I'm pulling blanks as to what I should include.

Hitman is a good choice. 47 is a Bamf.

#4 miacid

SPOnGster

• Moderators
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:31

Again another tough one to come up with but I think mine would be:

5) Diablo

I don't want to think who many hour I've sunk into these games over their time, the original Diablo brought out my inner magpie and the search for the shiniest loot near stopped

4) Mario (Bros)

Doesn't really need an explanation, every single one of these games have been a delight to play, some more than others but each one has brought something new to the table

3) GTA

The sheer amount of fun I've had playing these, even from the originals cements this in my top 5 with ease.

2) Mario Kart

Social gaming at it's best, nothing comes close to bringing friends together and then making them enemies after the first red shell!

1) Potal

The love I have for this series borders on indecent, the complexity of the levels is matched by the beautifully crafted story and character(s)

#5 little-miss-c4

SPOnGster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 13:50

my list would look like this but its been hard to deside

mario love them all still play them all playing super mario wold 2 yoshi's island at the min.
my second would be forza the only reson i own a 360
my third would be unreal
my forth would be worms
and my fith would be bomer man

#6 miacid

SPOnGster

• Moderators
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 14:02

Good call on Bomberman, fantastically simple concept, fiendishly complex to master

#7 mathewcarl

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:41

My list of best games is like this... Probably i think every game is worth taking

First -- A game with new concept, new look, new feel. He want to die? why? interested to know-- play the best "I will Die" game
Second--Everyone likes mario-- Mario Ride is the best game. It has got his end version as mario ride 2
Third - Ben 10 series----Ben 10 Adventure ride
Fourth-- Maxx the robot
fifth- xtreme Ride

I provide you the links to play the games. To share reviews

#8 mathewcarl

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:02

Recently I played a superb Action game.A new fabulous action based shooting game was released with excellent graphics. "Trigger Down". If you like shooting games like commando, don't miss this Hitting game..

You can watch video here...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSHETW1-9JM[/media]

Find the game in google play App Store...

Edited by Tyrion, 05 September 2013 - 07:59.
Broken Image

#9 playcrazy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 13:10

The Legend of Zelda
Mario
Assassin's Creed
Pokemon
Halo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users