Top 5 Gaming Characters

No replies to this topic

#1 Tyrion

MainMan

• Administrators
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 14:19

More top 5 action!

This time we're looking at the characters in games that you feel stand out from the rest. They may be memorably good, memorably bad, someone you'd like a pint with down the pub or one you think could hold a summer blockbuster film together.

5) Zeke Jedediah Dunbar
An Honourable mention here for a truly great "bad" character. Zeke was a walking, talking cliché in the first Infamous game, to the point that you could almost predict his lines exactly. However, he came into his own in the second game and the scene of him and Cole on the couch remains as one of my favourites in gaming.

4) Kratos
As the personification of rage, Kratos isn't a deep character, especially in the 3rd game, but in the first his conflicted, troubled, remorseful state of mind was refreshing in a game. That the started with his suicide and then wound back to show up why just added interest in him right at the start.

3) Agent 47
At first 47 is a cypher, you have no idea of his feelings or desires, but he progresses to become quite a deep character. I first met him in Hitman II when he'd retired to work as a gardener for a church with doubts about his own character.

2) Lara Croft
Lara in the first Tomb Raider was a much more interesting character than she became once Eidos decided to make her into a sex symbol. As an adventurer in it for the thrills and able to take care of herself without being protected by a man, she had a personality that I fell in love with that was only sullied by the whole "sexing up" that came later.

1) Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Starting off as a bit of a foppish drip, Ezio quickly turned into my favourite character of recent years. There's something about the boyish charm and confidence in his first two games that shines through to make me interested and care about his story. Even in Revelations, in his old age, Ezio has a lust for life and discovery that drives the plot forward.

So there you have it, my top 5 characters in gaming, and no cop out "you" answer either. Do you disagree with my choices? Do you have your own top 5? Post your spleen here!
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users