- - - - -

Top 5 Games That Need a Sequel

2 replies to this topic

#1 Tyrion

MainMan

• Administrators
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 13:50

OK, today's Top 5 list is the games that you would most like to see a sequel to, or a remake of for older games. They may have just not hit the mark, or have fallen by the wayside when their developer went bust. They could be a single game, or part of an existing series, you just want more, more of that!

5) Cannon Fodder
A iOS version of this would be excellent, a proper old-school, top-down, god-game war simulator with a sense of humour. We were limited to the speed of mouse on the Amiga, but with multitouch, you could be directing two groups at once!

4) The Sentinel
3D chess against an implacable enemy, absorbing energy from trees and rocks to climb from the lowest point to the highest. This game blew my mind when I played it on the C64.

3) Wizball
Come on Sensible Software, we want more mad bouncing ball-based colour returning, side shooting action. If you haven't played this game, it'll be difficult to see the appeal, but trust me it's a good one.

2) Primal
This game is one of the most under-appreciated of the PS2 era and could severely do with another instalment. The story seemed to be leading up to it, but poor sales seem to have doomed it. There was a rumour of an HD remake a while back and I could get behind that, especially if interest in it sparked a full-blown sequel.

1) Dungeon Keeper
I missed this when it came out since I didn't have a gaming PC at the time. I'd love to see something like this, or Evil Genius, where you play as the bad guy and have to defend yourself from the good guys. Almost a tower defence type of game, but with more strategy and planning of the maps.

So there's mine, now what would you guys like to see a sequel to?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

#2 little-miss-c4

SPOnGster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 20:00

with the wii u less than 2 weeks away (yahoo) most of my 5 are going to be ninteno / sega games

my fist fist would be 1080 snowboarding i still remember not be able to get this game when it came out but would go down to woolworths after school to play on there display unit till i could afford it.

my second would wave race the hours that me and my bro spent playing the game i would love to see a hd remake

my third would be tricksyle another game ( demo ) that i played on a display unit i used to go into blockbusters before the launch of the dreamcast to play on it

my forth would be vrally the fist 2 were amazing the 3rd was still go but not as good

and my 5th would be aerowings i still play the fist and second and would a hd remake of them

#3 PhilWal

SPOnGster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 20:09

I thought the Sentinel already had a sequel. I remember playing a demo of Sentinel Returns ages ago of a PC magazine demo disc.

And as for Dungeon Keeper, I had current KickStarter project Maia described to me as "sci-fi Dungeon Keeper" which immediately made me throw £7 at it. Link-usss: http://www.kickstart...1438429768/maia

Other games that could use sequels: Mirror's Edge, Psychonauts, Half-Life 2 (wink!).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users