The one where Michael talks about Alice Madness Returns

1 reply to this topic

#1 CyberJohn

SPOnGster

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:08

Thank you Michael, thank you for pushing this game forward into the light of scrutiny. Was on a miserable train from one European city to another and hearing you heap plaudits on the altar of Alice cheered me up no end until a gypsy tried to enforce luck on me in the form of plastic heather. Fortunately (pun) for me, she didn't stick around to absorb my prosletisations on the difference between "being lucky" and "being a gypsy at the poverty end of a Gaussian distribution curve". Back to Podcast, Very chuffed to hear you all talk of old games such as Grim Fandango. More please, just a little less crit for the graphics in the original Alice - it is just like picking up a woman, as long as you have a paper bag, it is all about playability. Even if she is old. Just remember to have a paper bag for yourself in case her's falls off.

You can't compare Command and Conquer 1 and whatever. Your Spectrum magazine used to wank over Elite (until everyone found the press Function 3 cheat which ruined the game). I play Mame, but would I lobotomise my pc to play spectrum games? No, but I'm saying that some of us were wowed by a certain tennis game in 1981 and in 1984, Jet Set Willy was completely distracting everyone from girls. Then came Julian Gollop with Laser Squad.

Myst 1 looks hackneyed, but it was this game that made people buy a CD rom. Then there was Myst Exile and DVD drives fell off the shelves.

How long will it be before Halo is branded old school? I'll be gone by then.

Anyway, after that Elmo and Sean discussed handheld devices (vibrators are good handheld devices too) with screens the size of a penny black. I should know I had one (a vibrator - but not for me).

Someone has just walked passed my window dressed in one of those all in one suits as the donkey out of Winnie the poo. I don't want to fuck her. If she was dressed as a ghost it might be different. That would be cool.

Anyway, these are just thoughts. Seems to be less and less out there.

#2 Sly Reflex

ModMan

• Moderators
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 16:53

You need to give this guy a spot on your show guys.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users